My take on everything and anything.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My first Blog

This is my first time on blogger so dont judge me just by this. Well I'm Jon and I'm an aspiring journalist. One thing that you need to know about me is that I'm obsessive about movies, music, tv, and politics. I love watching movies and tv shows aswell as critisizing them and talking about them. Music is and as always been an incredibly large part of my life and im extremely open to new times. Finally there's politics, sure I'm 14 and shouldent be worried about anything like that but I really dont care, I'm curious and have been known to spend hours on end reaserching random historical and politcal facts.

Well any ways I'm now gonna start my first topic which is Movies. With the monumental release of The Dark Knight, people have been talking about how outstanding the film is. I'm not gonna say it's not fantastic because it is but I think it raises an interesting point. But before I get to that I'll just recap on it's history; It currently holds 5 box office records including, best opening day and weekend, It has a 95% approval rate on rottentomatoes.com and is on top of the imdb top 250 movies with a 9.4 rating. Now the point i was referring to earlier was if a superhero/summer blockbuster movie could theoretically be one of the greatest general and artistic films of all time. Personally I think it can, it's not a superhero film but a true cop drama. The acting is spectacular and the writing and filmography is epic. But is it better than say Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Casablanca or, many other films that have been highly influentual. Well that's a very personal opinion because there's no way to really decide from a large view of people. Personally I love the film and it is only topped by The Shawshank Redemption and A Few Good Men. Just to finish up, this is one of the fiew movies in history that was hyped to the extreme and was still able to surpass all the hype.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Jon, an aspiring journalist from Ontario Canada

Television Episodes Hall of Fame

  • Family Ties Speed Trap
  • The Pretender Murder 101
  • House Birthmarks
  • House Alone
  • House The Jerk
  • House Skin Deep
  • House Three Stories
  • Friends The Last One
  • Friends The One With the Football
  • Friends The One With All the Poker
  • Friends The Pilot (The One Where It all Began)
  • Friends The One with the Embryos
  • Star Trek Enterprise In a Mirror Darkly
  • Star Trek Voyager Scorpion
  • Star Trek TNG All Good Things...
  • Star Trek TNG Cause and Effect