My take on everything and anything.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Atention All Teenagers

I was speaking to a friend today about the current goings on in Ottawa. He is a year older than me and was very oblivious to the way our parliamentary system works. I've been thinking about this all day and have this to say. Teenagers in Canada should be more informed when it comes to politics in Canada. I would (and probably will) be very disappointed when i grow up, start voting and see my peers at that age who are still completely ignorant to the parliamentary system. I'm not suggesting that they become obsessive about learning all they can but only that they get the proper information. It is a huge shame that so many people were drawn into the whole anti coalition fiasco the King Stephen created. It shows how horribly uninformed the people are and how despicable King Harper is for taking advantage of it (unless of course he is also unaware of it). So as a closing note, I say to the government of Canada, the government of Ontario, the DDSB and all teenagers currently in high school that a new, more informative program should be implemented on the workings of the government. It would help the future of canada considerably and would help teenagers become interested in poiltics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen to that!

-cole

About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Jon, an aspiring journalist from Ontario Canada

Television Episodes Hall of Fame

  • Family Ties Speed Trap
  • The Pretender Murder 101
  • House Birthmarks
  • House Alone
  • House The Jerk
  • House Skin Deep
  • House Three Stories
  • Friends The Last One
  • Friends The One With the Football
  • Friends The One With All the Poker
  • Friends The Pilot (The One Where It all Began)
  • Friends The One with the Embryos
  • Star Trek Enterprise In a Mirror Darkly
  • Star Trek Voyager Scorpion
  • Star Trek TNG All Good Things...
  • Star Trek TNG Cause and Effect