My take on everything and anything.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

This is really starting to piss me off

I'm all for the animal rights movement. I don't condone torture on animals. But I'm still going to eat meat. I have no guilt in me for eating dead animals. That's the way it has been for a long long time and it's not going to change now. Groups like PETA (AKA People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) are giving the entire human race a bad name for killing animals. They are saying that animals need to have their rights protected and and everyone should stop eating meat for good. Well I've got to admit that a lot of the animal rights things they talk about are true. But that only means that animals shouldn't be tortured. Has anyone in this organization thought about what would happen if the human race stopped killing animals for food. The entire balance of nature would be thrown off. Animals would reproduce at an alarming rate. The entire earth would start to over populate because of how the other predators of the world couldn't hold it off. I have tons of friends who are become vegetarian or vegan because of stuff they found on the PETA website. It makes me sad that they cant see through the torture problems to realize what would happen if the world stopped eating meat.

Some of my friends who I spoke of in my last entry are fundamentalist Christians. Some of them are getting sucked into this whole shtick. Now my problem with that is that it is completely hypocritical. If they belive that the world was made in seven days then they have to believe that man was put on this earth to rule over beast. Which includes eating them. If you look at the natural animal kingdom without humans you will see that the natural balance of nature is that the predators kill and eat the prey. How is that diferent from humans killing (humanely) and eating other animals. There is no difference. So with all that in mind how can you be offended by people eating animals? It just dosent make sense.

To end this off I would just like to repeat my view on this. I think that animal cruelty should stop. I dont condone the use of torture to strip animals for fur. I do think that humans should have the right to eat animals, and that PETA should limit its efforts to informing people about torture and inhumanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice topic choice, yet again.

i say, take their bones, fur, and meat, but do it humanely.

the seal hunt might be a neat article to post here too

like, about the common misconceptions and fake videos of seals being skinned alive.

Gcobi said...

I agree with Jon's opinion, although, myself, I do get a little grossed out when I eat meat. I mean, it's good, but like... I just feel really weird, and horrible for the animals.

Gcobi said...

Btw, nice title ahah ;)

About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Jon, an aspiring journalist from Ontario Canada

Television Episodes Hall of Fame

  • Family Ties Speed Trap
  • The Pretender Murder 101
  • House Birthmarks
  • House Alone
  • House The Jerk
  • House Skin Deep
  • House Three Stories
  • Friends The Last One
  • Friends The One With the Football
  • Friends The One With All the Poker
  • Friends The Pilot (The One Where It all Began)
  • Friends The One with the Embryos
  • Star Trek Enterprise In a Mirror Darkly
  • Star Trek Voyager Scorpion
  • Star Trek TNG All Good Things...
  • Star Trek TNG Cause and Effect