My take on everything and anything.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

No Offense

Before I get into my topic I have a message to all readers. If you feel offended, disturbed or just pissed of at anything I say in this entry I apologize. I will not revoke any statements but I'm sorry if they offend anyone.

Okay it's time to bite the bullet. I've been boycotting this topic for quite some time because of how controversial it is. It has been the cause of a genocide, has well has hate crimes across the world. It has been causing wars since it was first created. Religion is what I'm talking about. I have had multiple talks (more argument like but...) with my friends (more like acquaintances during our chats but...) about religion. What do I believe in? What do you believe in? How can you not believe in god? These are some of the questions asked in our discussions and the argument never gets settled.

Just to set the record straight about my beliefs when it comes to religion I have a saying. I'm not ignorant enough to believe that god made everything in 7 days and I'm not arrogant enough to believe that it all just happened with no help. I prefer to mix my two beliefs together. I believe that there is a god and his divine actions were events like the Big Bang and the start of the evolutionary chain. Everything else is up to interpretation whenever it gets brought up in conversation. The reason that I choose to believe has I do. It is because it gives me a sense of belonging in this world. Simply it lets me sleep at night.

So when it comes to these discussions I have with my friends I'm always on the evolution is right side of things while the fundamentalist's on the opposing side of the table are the evolution is a bunch of BS. I say fundamentalist because in my circle of friends there are the fundamentalists(bible thumpers has my dad calls them), the athiests, the people who dont like talking about it, and the people like me. So the fundamentalists are the extreme right wing people and the athiests and I are the mid left wing people. That always makes for a fun discussion filled with insults, name calling, and just pure meanness.

Normally every disscusion ends before I'm able to say this one crucial thing. I respect everyone's beliefs. I do not care what you belive in as long has you respect other peoples beliefs has well. If you dismiss other people's beliefs than you have no respect form me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bible was writing by some guy like 1000 years after jesus and all them died...

Anonymous said...

Great topic choice, much better than the commercialization of Christmas :P

I pretty much agree with the same school of thought you're from. I believe that we should just live our lives the best we can, abiding by our own morals and ethics, as opposed to being held accountable by a higher power. Heaven, hell, sin, praying...I'm not worried about that now. I think I'll just wait until I die to find out.

-Cole

Anonymous said...

i put the FUN and the MENTAL in FUNDAMENTAL =D

Anonymous said...

I admire your reisk-taking by posting about this subject.

About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Jon, an aspiring journalist from Ontario Canada

Television Episodes Hall of Fame

  • Family Ties Speed Trap
  • The Pretender Murder 101
  • House Birthmarks
  • House Alone
  • House The Jerk
  • House Skin Deep
  • House Three Stories
  • Friends The Last One
  • Friends The One With the Football
  • Friends The One With All the Poker
  • Friends The Pilot (The One Where It all Began)
  • Friends The One with the Embryos
  • Star Trek Enterprise In a Mirror Darkly
  • Star Trek Voyager Scorpion
  • Star Trek TNG All Good Things...
  • Star Trek TNG Cause and Effect