My take on everything and anything.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'd Rather be a Pessimist

I would rather be a pessimist and be happy once in a while than be an optimist and be disappointed all the time. -Anonymous

Have you ever been really depressed? I mean like really depressed. I mean slit your own throat shoot your self in the head depressed
. Well I have and it is the best thing that can happen to you. I'm serious, when you hit rock bottom then you know how bad it can get. It puts a new perspective on things. It lets you think straight and get the things you want. I know that many tell you that if you have a positive outlook on life than you will be happy. What I'm telling you is this. If you have a positive outlook on everything your just going to crash damn hard.

I once had a positive outlook on life. I thought that the world was a great place and that universal peace was just within our grasp. Well needless to say I was wrong. I ended up with divorced parents an abusive ex-stepfather and horrible academic achievements(or lack there of). Around the age of 13 I started to look at the world differently. I decided to lower my expectations. You wanna know what happened? I was happy. Maybe not just saved a life happy. Maybe not just one the lottery happy. But for the first time in a long time I wasn't totally suicidal. (I was still suicidal but only for about three months).

Since then my life just keeps getting better and better. I started to do well in school. I started to do things I used to be scared of doing. And again, I'm happy. So I suggest to all of you to do what I do. Be a pessimist.

1 comment:

Gcobi said...

Aw... Wow, that was really heartwrenching.
But I never knew you were suicidal....? And your moms ex whatever was abusive....? Why don't I know this? D: Im so sorry for you guys!! Did he ever hit Shannon????????????? Or Amanda???????? OR YOU????

:(

And I used to hate life too. I'm not sure I'm in the "happy" stage. But I'm not hating life as much as I used to, and I really do see how great my life is. I have everything I could want, posession wise...

AH, SORRY FOR BLABBING. x)

See ya~

About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Jon, an aspiring journalist from Ontario Canada

Television Episodes Hall of Fame

  • Family Ties Speed Trap
  • The Pretender Murder 101
  • House Birthmarks
  • House Alone
  • House The Jerk
  • House Skin Deep
  • House Three Stories
  • Friends The Last One
  • Friends The One With the Football
  • Friends The One With All the Poker
  • Friends The Pilot (The One Where It all Began)
  • Friends The One with the Embryos
  • Star Trek Enterprise In a Mirror Darkly
  • Star Trek Voyager Scorpion
  • Star Trek TNG All Good Things...
  • Star Trek TNG Cause and Effect