My take on everything and anything.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Exams

Being in high school obviously means that first semester exams are coming up right around the corner (this week coming up for me). They make us teenagers stressed to our limits and for the first time grade nines. Ooh, it is insane how nervous I am right now. I am extremely lucky with my exams because only one of them is formal so I get a couple days off during exam week. But I can't imagine what some of the people with 3 or even 4 formal exams must be feeling right now. I know that I should really be studying right now but Blogging calms me so I can study later on.

Well now that that's over with, how about some tips. Sure parents will always give the "study-hard-and-don't-wait-until-the-last-minute" speech but I don't think that entirely the right way to go. I think whats better is to evenly spread out your time. If you have 3 exams like I do, you should take the time you have which for me is 2 days for 2 exams and then 3 days for the last one, and spread your study time out. So say you have a french exam first. When you wake up on the Saturday morning before the exam you should; listen to music, play video games, eat before noon. Make sure you have had a good lunch and around 12:30 start to study. Go hard for two and a half hours then take a break. Do an hour of something you like. Have fun and then go back and continue. It will seriously lower your stress level.

Next tip should be listen to music while studying. I do not know if it helps everyone the same way it helps. i just know that listening to my favorite music while studying blocks out all outside stimuli and lets me concentrate on the task at hand. Plus it adds enjoyment in to the pain in the ass that studying is.

Then comes exam day. Here are my tips for that dreadful day.
1. The best tip is not to panic. It will let you keep your head clear.
2. Think every answer through.
3. When doing multiple choice questions, GO WITH YOUR GUT. Thinking things there is bad.
4. Do not under any circumstances doubt your self. You are smart and your brain likes getting things right so doubting yourself is equal to confusing your self.
5.Make sure you read the entire question. 50% of all mistakes come from people who read half the question and do it wrong.

So, hopefully these will help you all out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sure parents will always give the "study-hard-and-don't-wait-until-the-last-minute" speech but I don't think that entirely the right way to go. I think whats better is to evenly spread out your time. "
that's what the parent's are talking about.
Spreading your time out.
;D
PS
There were alot of grammar/speeling mistakes dood
=D

wwefreakjon said...

thats what editors are for and i have a diferent way of spreading out your time if you read the post properly

About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Jon, an aspiring journalist from Ontario Canada

Television Episodes Hall of Fame

  • Family Ties Speed Trap
  • The Pretender Murder 101
  • House Birthmarks
  • House Alone
  • House The Jerk
  • House Skin Deep
  • House Three Stories
  • Friends The Last One
  • Friends The One With the Football
  • Friends The One With All the Poker
  • Friends The Pilot (The One Where It all Began)
  • Friends The One with the Embryos
  • Star Trek Enterprise In a Mirror Darkly
  • Star Trek Voyager Scorpion
  • Star Trek TNG All Good Things...
  • Star Trek TNG Cause and Effect